Alibaba is huge within China, while in the United States, Amazon is the online shopping retail giant to watch. So how does online shopping compare between China and the United States super giants in the online shopping world? The infographic below showcases the differences between the two retail giants:
The highlights of this infographic include:
- Alibaba sells 14.5 billion items per year, while Amazon sells 5 billion
- Alibaba ships 12 million packages per day, while Amazon ships 3 million packages per day
- Amazon’s revenue for 2014 was $88.98 billion, beating out Alibaba at $12.293 billion
- Amazon employs 109,800 employees, while Alibaba employs only 26,000
- Alibaba is worth $212 billion, while Amazon is worth $207 billion
The two companies have several similarities between them including Alibaba having Singles Day, a day full of deals for shoppers. Amazon’s version is called Cyber Monday.