Recent Q2 sales reports suggest that Apple has fallen to the fifth position in China’s mobile phone market. Rising to the top four places are local brands; Huawei, Oppo, Xiaomi and Vivo.
Part of this recent success for local players has been their innovative and locally relevant approach to social media. In this competitor report, we look at how local phone brands have used digital to leapfrog Apple, the world’s most valuable brand, in the largest mobile phone market globally.
What you’ll learn:
- How to use digital to support new product launches
- How to create consumer experience through packaging innovation
- How to create a brand community online How to incentivize consumers to promote your brand
- How to integrate celebrity content in the context of digital
- How to leverage cultural topics to create product engagement
- How to communicate product attributes in the context of digital