Our new CSBR report focuses on how Nike used digital to powerfully engage local Chinese runners.
Noticing the increasing popularity of exercise amongst Chinese urban residents, Nike engaged local runners with a dedicated digital ecosystem. The platform helped to further build the nascent local running culture – providing tips, helping runners organize running clubs and creating special events to bring Chinese runners together.
In this insight report we identify and analyze the strategic organization of the Nike Run Club digital platform in China, explaining why it successfully activated the interest of local runners. The campaign allowed Nike to communicate their long-standing association with running culture to their local Chinese target.
What you’ll learn:
- How to structure digital engagement to amplify participation
- How to use digital platforms to bring consumers together in real spaces
- How to digitally introduce new product concept as part of a new consumer behavior
- How to enable consumer participation and co-creation through social platforms
- How to leverage emerging ‘city cultures’ to create a more intimate digital conversation with Chinese consumers beyond major cities
- How to structure WeChat, Weibo and Mobile Apps to create a consistent ‘call to action’ for consumers in China
- How to seed global content to fuel local behavior on digital platforms
- How to leverage and build on cultural trends through digital activation
Download the report:
Not A member? Click here to become one.
Members receive this and all other CSBR reports as part of their membership.