As Chinese consumers exercise more frequently, North Face saw an opportunity to introduce the culture of training outdoors – an important part of their brand heritage. This was introduced to Chinese fitness enthusiasts through a series of strategic initiatives on popular social networks – WeChat, Weibo and e-commerce site Tmall.
In this report, we explain how North Face created interest in the culture of outdoor training – then used events, KOLs, and consumer-generated content to amplify this into a community of brand advocates. We also show how the American active-wear brand used digital to build their fashion and lifestyle image in China.
What you’ll learn:
- How to create awareness of a new behavior on digital
- How amplify campaign themes cumulatively to maximize investment
- How to leverage KOLs strategically to seed new behavior
- How to encourage and incentivize consumers to share brand experiences with their online community
- How integrate traditional engagement events into a digital brand journey
- How engage local urban professionals’ need for socializing and bonding
- How create a powerful brand story through e-commerce platforms